Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Yummy Yummy in my Tummy

Rain has been pelting down on the city most of the week now. The forecast says that next week is going to be filled with scattered thunderstorms. The fact that it's also cold is just adding insult to injury. Here's what I know:
a) I need vitamin d
and
b) I picked the wrong week to order from amazon
I ordered this amazing book about cooking sugar and had it shipped amazon Prime {loves it}. Yesterday, I raced home from work to save it from the rainstorm of certain doom. The box was drenched and my heart dropped. Imagine my sweet relief when I pried it open to see plastic protecting my beloved new treasure. It wasn't. But, luck was on my side and my pretty little book is in one {dry} piece.  In fact, I've been sitting on my couch wrapped in a snuggly blanket pouring over a few cookbooks to get inspired.
In case you're wondering, yes I do eat regular food. It's not all treats, smoothies and chocolate happiness here.

Now that that's out there, let's get to looking at some things I've been meaning to make/bake/eat/devour/enjoy/share:

These 3D cupcake cookies from The Sweet Adventures of SugarBelle look too adorable not to make for my sister's baby shower {Two pregnant sisters!}

Martha Stewart's homemade graham crackers would be perfect with homemade marshmallows.

For this, I can only say 2 words. HOLY MOLY!

I don't like the store-bought kind, but I'll give these pop-tarts a chance.


Or perhaps I should make some mint jelly and use it on some homemade english muffins.

Seriously, Smitten Kitchen? I'm in love with you. DIY Goldfish. I love them... because they're so delicious.

This weekend I don my swell-looking apron and compose a culinary masterpiece. Until then sweeties...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Major hearts for you!

xo
Patti

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...