Saturday, May 21, 2011

HALLELUJAH

The post title all in caps is necessary because I am, in fact, yelling, "HALLELUJAH!" We finally have a reprieve from rain. Not only that, the sun is out. Holy moly!

To celebrate, I made my first green smoothie today. Kale, pineapple, pears, and vanilla yogurt with a kiwi fruit garnish.

Oh my goodness. It was so yummy. I knew my little one-man blender was going to be one of my favorite purchases. Then I went out to the deck and guzzled it down while reading. Delightful.

The other day I picked up a book on healthy cooking for kids. I might cross out the word kids and fill in my own name in pink Sharpie. There are some serious gems in this thing. Sunshine Toast, Souffled Baked Potatoes, Creamy Pasta Bake? Roast Vegetable Lasagna? I'm pretty sure that somewhere deep inside me, there is a fat 10-year-old just begging to be let out.

One thing I'll be staying away from like the plague? Tomato soup. Blech.

Maybe later I'll show you the amazing blazer I picked up for $2.50. Are you jealous? You should be. I'm wearing it today with some sweet red pants.
In the meantime, I'm going to snack on leftover Chicken Bacon Ranch Mac & Cheese from Mr. Mac's


No comments:

Post a Comment

Major hearts for you!

xo
Patti

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...