Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Just Whipping My Hair Back & Forth



Folks, let's talk hair, shall we?
Like most girls, I am always looking to get my hair cut or styled in a new way. I can’t help it. It’s so boring waiting for it to grow out and when it finally does, all I want is to cut it into a fabulous bob. My amazing hairstylist Michelle puts up with me bringing in pictures of redheads, girls with chocolate hair, caramel & platinum blondes, and we can’t forget Jessica Alba. For some reason, my hairstyle choices always go back to Jessica Alba… Most of these girls have thick, shiny, pin-straight hair. So, what’s the problem, Patti? Oh that’s simple. I was blessed {::cough cough:: yeah right} with fine, naturally wavy locks. Not in the good way where I wake up looking like Giselle either. No way. Usually I wake up looking more like a crazed lion.

<-- sexy

After lots of experience, I’ve determined the longest my hair can get without me hating it or it looking like a tangled mess is shoulder-length. I’m fine with this. I’ve accepted it. I’ve also decided blonde is too much upkeep. The most upkeep I want to deal with is getting regular trims & not wearing a ponytail.
This doesn’t stop me from pining away at luxurious curls and pixie cuts. Oh yeah, did I mention I’m super into pixie cuts? I could NEVER do it, but I like admiring the girls who rock it with style.
Jessica Stroup's hair makes me want to get out my Hello Kitty scissors and get started.
Since I know the limits of my hair, I tread cautiously. Careful not to do anything too crazy, while still appeasing my ever-changing mind. That said, I think I'm going to attempt blunt bangs again. I was on the fence until I saw this picture of Sarah Hyland from the Golden Globes.

Seriously, I die. My only concern is how it will look with my stacked bob. I don't want to look like an old woman, but looking like a 13-year-old isn't really an option either...

In case you're wondering, here are examples of me with bangs:


2 comments:

  1. The second photo is like a good cross between Anna Friel and Zooey Deschanel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two of my most favorite people I don't know :)

    ReplyDelete

Major hearts for you!

xo
Patti

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...