Saturday, January 22, 2011

That's Fancy

I am the type of person who collects all sorts of things. I guess you could call this being a pack rat. I work hard to keep it at that level. I wouldn't want to star on an episode of Hoarders. Recently I went through my closet and got rid of over 100 articles of clothing, shoes, & belts. I've been clearing out old notes and notes from college courses. Living in a one bedroom apartment, there just isn't enough room for all my goodies.

I can't bring myself to get rid of any of my books though. I used to switch out books that I had read once and didn't see myself reading again. Paperbackswap came in handy for that. So many of my books have come from there & the local thrift store. In the past few years, I've stopped buying as many books for myself and I've been building up my classroom library.

When I was a kid, my favorite children's book was a book called Lucille by Arnold Lobel (you might know him from the Frog & Toad books). I fell as in love as a child could with this book about a horse who wanted to be a lady. Even as a grown up, my penchant for these types of books hasn't changed.


Some of my more recent favorites are Fancy Nancy, Pinkalicious, Olivia, Eloise, Angelina Ballerina, and Tea for Ruby. My nieces love them, too. My six-year-old niece devours every Fancy Nancy story that Jane O'Connor can pen. It took me a long time to write my name on them & add them to my bookshelf for everyone to borrow.

Now that I've got that off my chest, I want to let the world know about the new book I got for Christmas. Yes, it's a children's book. No, it will never have my name written in it or have the book jacket removed. It will sit safely on my coffee table where it will bring a smile to my face whenever I open it. You should get a copy yourself:



Birdie is a little girl who longs to be grown up (didn't we all?). She envisions all of the things she'll be able to do when she wears shoes just like her mother- stilettos, peep toes, and strappy sandals.
Sujean Rim's artwork is the main reason I wanted this book, the story was just an added bonus. If you get emails from Daily Candy, you've seen her illustrations. Even retailers like Target & Tiffany & Co have picked up on the irresistible cuteness.


For the little girl inside all of you- Get your girly self to a bookstore. You can thank me later. :]


No comments:

Post a Comment

Major hearts for you!

xo
Patti

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...