Friday, January 21, 2011

30 for 30

I have been really interested in trying something I read about on one of my favorite blogs-
30 for 30. Basically, I choose 30 items (shirts, shoes, pants, skirts) to wear and I can only wear those 30 things for 30 days. The idea is to remix these pieces into different outfits.

Oh! I forgot to mention, no shopping for 30 days. Yikes.



I figure this is a good thing for me to try because I am one of those people who stares into my closet (no pics, it's an embarrassment right now) and think, "I HAVE NOTHING TO WEAR!" I'm also the type who will buy a skirt in anticipation of all the pieces I'm going to buy later to wear with it. I never do buy those things. I'm not even sure those things exist. Also, I am on a tight budget.





I even made a handy pie chart to show you how much I make in relation to others. Helpful, isn't it? :) I kid, I kid.




Admittedly, I'm nervous to commit to this. 30 articles of clothing (did I mention this includes shoes?!?!) isn't a lot at all. I live in New England. Who knows what the weather will be like in a week? I'm always cold. I can never tell what the temperature will be at the school. How fashionable can you be when you end up on the floor working with kiddos? What if I can't come up with creative outfits? More importantly, how can I commit to so few pairs of shoes? I should just suck it up and do it...

I will...

I think...

Yeah, I'm going to go for it.

Maybe.

Who knows, maybe it will even make it so I don't want to run out & buy these 3 things.


1. 2. 3.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Major hearts for you!

xo
Patti

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...