Friday, March 16, 2012

fancy on friday & birchbox reveal

Read Across America day coincides with Theodore Geisel's birthday on March 2nd. Who is Theodore Geisel? You probably know him as Dr. Seuss. Anyway, our school decided to celebrate today and everyone was told they could dress up as a favorite book character {following the dress code, of course}. My choice? Fancy Nancy!

When I got home, I noticed a cute pink box tucked in my mailbox & almost jumped out of the car without putting it in park. My birchbox finally arrived! I've been watching the status for days. Bloggers have been posting their goodies all week, so I was anxious to see what I got. We're talking Kate Spade perfume samples & Essie nailpolish. I built it up so much in my head that I was almost afraid to open it. So I didn't open it right away. I let it taunt me on my kitchen table for an hour or two. I wondered, what color polish did I get? Is it the sequin glitter one that I saw here?

Well friends, I learned a few lessons. The first is that I should have paid more attention to my email and signed up for the Teen Vogue sponsored box. The second lesson is not to let my imagination run wild with the possibilities. The third & most important:
Do not, I repeat NOT, look at what anyone else gets in their Birchbox. It's like watching a sibling open the newest, coolest toy from Santa & all you get are a pair of slippers.


Sorry if I sound like a whiny brat, but I can't hide that I'm a little bummed out.

Anywho-
Are you wondering what all of this is?

-A sample vial of Annick Goutal perfume
                   {It smells good & fruity in the vial. I'll let you know how I like it on me when I try it.}
-Deborah Lippman nail polish remover mitts
                   {I was hoping I would get these.}
-Eye Rock liquid liner
                   {They're liner strips. Huh. I'm not much of an eyeliner wearer, but I'll give them a whirl.}
-Juice Beauty cleanser
                   {It's eco-friendly & organic. I have sensitive skin, so this will probably go in a basket for
                    house guests to try.}
-Orofluido hair oil
-Hollywood Fashion Secrets fashion tape assortment pack

Not all I thought it would be in this overworked, hyper-imaginative brain of mine but not terrible. Sorry about the weird coloring, my living room has the worst lighting in all of the land for photos {it's super cozy in real life though!}.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Major hearts for you!

xo
Patti

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...