Thursday, July 28, 2011

awkward & awesome thursday- thrift edition

I have decided to revamp Awkward & Awesome Thursday just a tad for the day. With my sister & niece in tow I visited two local consignment shops and took photos of some of the goodies that I found. The good, the bad, and the insanely awesome.

I'm not even going to label anything, just decide for yourself. Without further ado:


80s prom dress


intense sequin action


This is a push cart, but it reminds me of a wheelchair that you would have seen in A Secret Garden.


I definitely had a girl version of this after I split my head open when I was, like, 4 years old. I think I loved her.


Handmade sweater clips. I wish I could have gotten some close-ups.


I think we can figure out which category this glorious head falls into. 


The mannequin in the back just makes this photo even better.


All the hats were teeny tiny... or my head is abnormally large. No, the hats were the freaks.


With new upholstery, this looks like it wants to come home with me.


This whole thing was sequined.


Vintage aprons. They're awesome, let's not kid ourselves.


This was labeled as a "black bonnet" and had a price tag of $42.50.


I'm going back for these tulip earrings. They want to be mine. Their dealer is "Nana" and even she wants me to have them.


This Mickey view master is very large & I didn't see any discs to go with it.


This owl cookie jar has been at the consignment shop for almost 6 months now. WHY IS NO ONE BUYING THIS?!


I think this beaded collar was handmade because everything around it was & it seems to make sense.

What do you think, peoples? Which things are awesome & which are awkward according to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Major hearts for you!

xo
Patti

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...