Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Christmas Police

I have always loved the idea of Christmas. The music, the tree, the parties, the decorations, the food- it's all just so wonderful. I anticipate buying treasures for the people who matter the most to me & can never wait for them to open them on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning. 

That said, it's also important to note that I am completely obsessed with the tree. I stick to all pastel ornaments, or all red/white/silver, or my plan for this year: peacock themed. The thought of rich purple, teal, greens, & golds make me want to swoon. I even went so far as to buy lights especially for this last year, but my plan has been thwarted. This year, I will be spending my first Christmas with little ones. My niece & nephew (Kyleigh & Liam) will be here and so I will have a child-friendly tree. This, of course, means multicolored lights, homemade ornaments, and 2 tiny bellies filling themselves with eggnog while we decorate. 

One thing's for sure, I can't wait to see their little faces when they wake up in the morning and see that Santa Claus has visited them {and also a valid excuse to watch How the Grinch Stole Christmas and giggle wildly}.


In other news, while I've been absent from the blogosphere my sister Heather gave birth to a baby boy.  In case you're counting that's 5 tiny children to love. 

Welcome to the world, Kieran!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Major hearts for you!

xo
Patti

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...