Saturday, March 5, 2011

Pants on Fire

I fibbed a little. My intention was to talk about red lipstick, but I haven't tried enough to give enough of an opinion yet. In fact, yesterday I managed to get a little of it on my teeth. In front of a group of 4th graders. It's a good thing one of them was kind enough to tell me about it AND keep it top secret. :) Crisis: averted; Nightmare: realized.

Instead, let's talk about one of my favorite retailers in zee universe (a.k.a the places I have visited) Target. I just can't get enough of this place. When I go in for one or two staple items, I always leave with at least 3 things from the $1/$2.50 section, and some accessory or shoe. It's not that I'm a shopaholic. Oh no. I can't accept that label. I am; however, most certainly a Targetaholic. I love that I don't get blasted by obnoxiously loud music as soon as I walk in (ahem, Abercrombie & Fitch) and that I don't have to try to push my way past clutter in every aisle (ahem, Walmart). If there were a craft section in the two I visit regularly I'd never leave. Sometimes I buy things just so I can brag about how Anthropologie-esque they are. I should petition my congressman for a Super Target. He has nothing better to do than listen to me talk about retail stores I love, right? I knew you'd see it my way.

Adding to my love of all things Target, they are celebrating 5 years of their Go International line this year. I can't even believe it's been 5 years since I first learned that I could buy toilet paper at the same place I could buy designer apparel. Suh-weet sassy molassy. So, here are a few of the things that I will be eyeing. Will I buy them? Well, that's for me to ponder and you to wait to find out about {with bated breath, bien sur}.

from left to right: Libertine, Erin Fetherson, Alice Temperley

From left to right: Tracy Feith, Rodarte {I burn for this one}

Check out all 34 of the looks here:
http://pressroom.target.com/pr/news/photo.aspx

In case you were wondering, I'm a little saddened that Anna Sui's collection isn't making a trip down memory lane. I really wanted some of her Gossip Girl inspired fashion. This Thakoon dress should also make a comeback. Guess I should start saving my pennies for the rainy day when our paths cross again...
Anna Sui & Thakoon for Target. Me wants.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Major hearts for you!

xo
Patti

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...